Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The weekend is already over?!?

Really had an enjoyable weekend. Scott and I both took off work on Friday and drove down to see my parents. I always look forward to my visits to go see them. Miss that they aren't as close as they used to be, but blessed that they are still in Virginia.


Friday we just got settled in really. We went to a few yard sales too. Where they live, they have TONS of yard sales over Labor Day weekend. Surprisingly I didn't buy anything. Very strange for me!!

Saturday morning we got up early and went to breakfast at a local community center. Scott and my Dad spent all morning fishing. They caught quite a bit! Far more than I would have caught. I don't think I have enough patience to fish. While they went fishing my Mom and I decided to go shopping, but not just any shopping....We went to Hillsville to visit the largest Flea Market/Gun Show I have seen in a while. It was a lot of walking, still didn't buy anything, but was glad to go. We got home and Dad made his "homemade pizza" for dinner that evening.

Sunday Scott and Dad went fishing again, they enjoy their fishing! Mom and I went shopping again, of course, what else, lol...Just little errands, Food Lion, TJMaxx and Target. That evening, my parents took us to the local Veteran Cemetery where my grandparents rest, along with my Great Aunt Ellen....I took a picture, see the mountain in the distance...it's where my grandparents met. It makes me happy that you can see the mountain from their final resting place. First time I got to visit this cemetery, it is brand new, and I was glad I got the opportunity to visit. We also visited where my great grandparents were buried as well. Had never been there either.



After our visit to the Cemetery, we went out to dinner at a place my parents visit often, "The Steer House". It's a buffet that costs less than 6 dollars per person, don't usually see that in too many places.

Yesterday was spent driving home and straightening up the house (a lil, lol) Already missing the parents....

Oh, and guess what, I started reading a book!! For those who know me, this is pretty rare. I do read, just not often. Last time I read a full book was probably in college. My mom bought it for me, we are going to share it. I will tell you more once I finish reading!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a nice weekend!! This weekend was a nice weekend of reflection. Made me look at all I have to be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice busy weekend with your family.

    Glad you got to see your parents. There's nothing like visiting them, for me. :) Oh and good job on reading! It must be a good one if you haven't read since college.

    Emily w/Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete