Thursday, June 14, 2012

To Try: A Favorite Things Party!

I keep seeing these "Favorite Things Parties" all over Pinterest, and each time I do, it makes me want to try and organize one of my own! :) 

I think it would be an awesome "Girl's Night Idea"

Here is the idea behind the whole party:

*You have a hostess, who would be MUAH in this case! :) She would provide lots and lots of fun drinks & martinis ofcourse!
*You invite a bunch of the girls over to the house. (Everyone can bring their favorite dish/appetizer)
*Each girl will bring their favorite item, but they would bring 3 of them. (I have noticed this number can vary depending on what you personally want to do)
*A price limit will be set on your gifts...say $10.00 to $15.00 or so, so each person is looking at spending about $30.00 to $45.00 dollars total.
*The girls will bring over their gifts. I will set up a nice table, where all the gifts can be displayed. I would also pre-make bags for each guest so they have something to put all their favorite items in!
*Each guest will take turns, going to the table and picking out a favorite item they want to take home! Everyone will do this 3 times, so when you leave, you have 3 favorite things you will be able to take home in your bags! :) 

No matter how many people end of coming, if each person brings 3 items, everyone should be able to go home with 3 items, it will always come out that way! :)  The other great thing about this whole party idea is that you can change all the numbers around and it still works. If you have everyone bring 10 gifts each, everyone will go home with 10 gifts. Also, you can lower the cost of the favorite items as well. If you are bringing 10 of the same item, you may want to lower the cost to $5.00 an item, etc... So many different possibilities!

I am thinking this would be a great idea for around the holidays, instead of a Christmas Party, you could just do a party like this! :) 

The "Sunny Side Up" Blog was where I saw this awesome idea! :)  Click HERE to visit her page to read more about the party she threw, I am sharing a pic from her blog too, it helps give you an idea of how everything comes together. :) I am looking forward to when I am able to do this myself!




1 comment: