Thursday, June 2, 2011

Starting Weight Watchers Points Plus....

Decided I am going to give this new plan a try. Always used the old plans in the past, but I have noticed that I have become immune to the old diet. I am not not losing anymore, so as of tommorrow I am trying this new plan, seeing how it will work for me!

I have done well in the past teaching myself these diets (rather than paying money) so I am going to try to teach myself points plus as well. I have already been able to google a points plus calculator and have also already figured out my new point allowance. So I figure, I will buy a new calculator, and give it a whirl first thing in the morning.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for me, please send them my way! I have memorized the old weight watchers plan, but this new one is still pretty foreign to me, so any helpful tips, dinner ideas, snack suggestions would be appreciated!! :) Maybe I can even start to cook more, haha....this will motivate me, I hope....

My goal: To lose 25 pounds.....

I got to 150 for my wedding and I realized that being 5'9 and 150 didn't look so nice on me, so I am not trying to get down to that again.....want to look healthy, LOL....

7 comments:

  1. Writing down every single thing you eat was helpful for me...and portion control:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your effort! I'm currently in the middle of my own journey and have actually had better results with My Fitness Pal (traditional calorie counting). I tried points plus for a few months and like that it encourages more healthy eating, but you can still manage to stay w/in points and be deficient. For me, the real key has been exercise (boot camp dvd's and walk/running)... as much as I hate it.

    Thanks for following Cardigan Junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go get 'em! I've started working out 5 days a week and it's a tough thing but I'm really feeling the benefits from it. I have no doubt you'll do great with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! You can totally do it! Counting points and calories is the only way I can drop the weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is it going so far? I had luck in the past with WW, but have fallen far from the wagon after my last baby (and he's now 3, so I have no excuse!) How drastically different is the new plan? You've inspired me to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 13, 2011

    Hello,
    I did WW after my 3 1/2 year old was born and had great success. This time around I had a C section with my almost two year old, and am not seeing the weight come off with ww plus. I had a birth control put in my arm that was causing me to have my monthly more frequently, so i had it removed. I just started the pill. I take med. for my thyroid and other meds. But all of this was true the first time around on WW. Maybe that birthcontrol is a big factor. I was on ww points plus for 20 days with little results. I write everything down. I buy lots of fruit and veggies and drink lots of water, take vitemin, oil, protein, and dairy. Maybe i need to be patient and let my hormones adjust from the inplant. Sorry so wordy, just frustrated. Thank you, Danielle:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 14, 2011

    I posted up above, dlatvis@yahoo.com, I am new to this site and would really appreciate any help with the WW points plus. I have the points calculator so I am trying to be as accurate as possible. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete