Monday, May 10, 2010

Simple Low Point Snacks!


While browsing the web over the weekend, I ran into two items that I knew I would need to try.  Now this first item, I have yet to find in a store, but I keep my eyes open. If you see them, let me know! :) It almost reminds me of Twix bars. I can't wait to try them. They are not healthy ofcourse, but they are only 2 weight watchers points per bar. That would be worth it to me! Now, my problem is, I would end up eating the other one, and have to use 4 weight watchers points, LOL.


The second item are these kraft singles, they melt in like 15 seconds. So you could easily take some baked tostitos (1 serving is 14 chips) which is 2 weight watchers points, and add a "Kraft Singles Meltdown" to the top of the chips, to make your own nachos. They come in a few different flavors. One flavor is nacho (the one I bought) and the other one I have run across is Pizza flavored. I don't think i want to try that one.  Each kraft single is 1 weight watchers point, so you can have a little nacho cheese snack and only use 3 weight watchers points! The only place I have found these in are at Walmart....many smaller grocery store chains don't carry them quite yet since they are so new.

So those were my discoveries from over the weekend. Not much else happened this weekend. On Saturday I had signed up for a 5K at the local YMCA. It was a little breezy, which was great running weather.  And guess what happened?! I actually got 3rd place in my age division!! Ofcourse, I wasn't there to accept my gift certificate because I NEVER WIN, so I NEVER stick around, makes sense, right?! So I placed, so that was something nice that happened, being that it never happened before.

Last note for the day.....I saw something over the weekend, and it really got me thinking.  I saw an elderly man, walking with a walker to get his mail. When I drove by, he was on his way back to his house, but you could tell it was a painful walk for him, but he was really trying. It made me sad.  It got me thinking, that I want to help out around the county more. Even if it is just simple things like going to people's houses, bringing in their mail every evening, I want to help. I really have been recognizing that every day is a gift, and I want to make it the best that I can. If anyone knows of a group that I could be part of that does things like this let me know. Too bad I can't be closer to my family members that could use the help as well, because I would really like to be there.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great week, talk to you soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing how someone wants to help. It really does make life seem more fulfilling!! If you google volunteer opportunities in your area, I'm sure you'd be able to find some things to do to help out!

    ReplyDelete