Monday, March 7, 2011

Craft Projects, continued....

During the last few weeks, I have run across some really cute DIY projects, I started on a burlap wreath I posted a while back....These are the other projects I saw that I wanted to try....

The first project was a cork board. This was a super easy project. I saw it over at "Peppermint and Plum".  All you do is tape your cork board up, paint white stripes on it, and then remove the tape.....Super easy, and it ended up really great....


For this cupcake project, all you need is a cheap frame, (I got mine at Target) a Martha Stewart cupcake punch, some 3D Sticky dots, and then some scrap booking paper that catches your eye.....I also had some rub on words, so I added the word "enjoy" on the bottom right corner for a cute final touch! :) I saw many different ways that people had used the Martha Stewart Cupcake punch, I put my own twist on it, and came up with this cute piece of art! :)
Last but not least I wanted to replicate something I saw over at "A Thoughtful Place" .She did this project and it was such a great organization idea. I have started using it already, and it works great! :) Gives me so much more space. Again all I needed was an organization display (also got this from Target too!) some cute scrap booking paper, clothespins, mod podge, and a cute punch to punch out some card-stock. You will use the card-stock to write on. I used the modge podge to glue/seal the scrapbooking paper to the clothespins.....I used it like glue, and set the scrapbook paper on top of it, and them I coated it with modge podge again over top as sort of a seal. The final touch of the decorated clothespins was inspired by a post on  "The Girl Creative's" Blog.

P.S. Also, notice the cute little fabric flower on the top right corner of the organizer, isn't it cute, it looks  good there, I thought! I won this over at A Glimpse Inside. It was from a etsy shop called Just for Love! :)

15 comments:

  1. That cupcake art is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to go to Michaels on my lunch and see what other cute punches they have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cupcake picture! You are so creative! I wouldn't have known what to do with a cupcake punch.

    Newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cupcake picture! SO CUTE! And love that you have the little clip up on your organizer. Thanks for linking up Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcake art is so cute, great choice in papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cupcake art; super cute & well done!
    Following through Sassy Sites.

    adventuresinestrogen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore that cupcake picture. It would look awesome in my pink kitchen... might have to make one of my own! Great project. :) You have a really cute blog. I am your newest follower! Take care.
    Humble Homemaking
    p.s. I have a weekend party going on right now so feel free to hook up if you would like to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute! we also have a weekend long link party, come join! (:

    xo-kelli & kristi

    http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I love the cupcake art you did like my butterflies. And, I also made the burlap wreath from Tatertots and Jello. I thought that was so adorable. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' the cupcake specimen art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet cupcake art! i'm obsessed with all things cupcake. i like how it is simple but oh so cute!

    stopping by from the Polly Want a Crafter Monday Party..

    kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that cupcake art is just darling!! I especially like that you added "Enjoy" at the bottom - that was a great way to finish it off!!
    Thanks so much for linking to Think Pink Sundays!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. luv luv the cupcake such a great idea for a kitchen area or little girl's room.
    would luv for you to add it to our linking party this week.
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/03/orange-blossoms-with-linking-party.html
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the framed cupcake picuture. The black frame really sets it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete